Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Clarity

Well hello! I apologize for my absence but I took a break from blogging (all 3 posts that I have done so far) to spend some much needed time with my family.  As I mentioned on Thursday, I was anticipating some much needed news in a couple of areas of my life.  Well, unfortunately that news did not come and instead I received other new that was extremely unexpected.  I can't really disclose any details right now, just please continue to keep your fingers crossed!

Since the news I was hoping for didn't make it my way, I was slightly....upset! So I redirected negative energy to something positive....RUNNING and FAMILY!  We had a fantastic weekend! Friday night Kiley, Ellie and I attended our county fair for a few hours where Ellie got to ride her first pony.  Saturday consisted of a trip to our local farmers market in the morning, birthday party shopping in the afternoon, followed by a brief trip to the neighborhood swimming pool to cool off and then finally, off to the Roller Derby.  The No Coast Derby Girls were definitely the highlight of our weekend.  Kiley had attended before, but for Ellie and I this was our first experience. 


Ellie was SO excited to take this pic, however her response post picture, "I didn't think the girls would be all sweaty!" LoL Oh how I love the non-filtered mouth of an almost 5 year old!

Sunday consisted of scrubbing the house in preparation of this week and next when my little girl starts school. Yes, KINDERGARTEN!!!! WoW where does the time go?  I am so excited and proud of her, but I know I will be a teary mess come next Tuesday.

Sunday night we headed to the my in laws for our weekly family dinner.  Phew what a weekend, I am tired just think about all that we did! But thinking about all that we did got me thinking about all that I have NOT done this summer. Which lead to the creation of my "Summer Bucket List."  If there is one thing you should know about me, it is that I am an avid list maker.  I make lists about EVERYTHING.  I even put things on my lists that I have already accomplished.  Now, this maybe cheating, but it gives me just enough of a confidence boost to make me convince myself that "yes, my lists work. And, yes, I am productive!"



Now some of these things you may have NO idea what they are, and that's okay! As I cross them off I promise to give some clarity.  My goal now is to create this for every season, because I feel my self frequently saying, "sometime I want to do this," or "sometime lets go there." And instead of just stating what I want to do SOMEDAY,  I am gonig to start doing those things today!  OOO that reminds me...I forgot something on my list...



There, much better! I am sure there will be many more revisions of this list, but at least its a start.

So this blog is supposed to also include "food" related topics, right? Well...I didn't do too much cooking this weekend. Friday night we grilled portabella mushrooms marinated in balsamic vinegar with basil and tomatoes and a cream cheese pesto sauce, alongside homemade onion rings (ok, I totally should have taken pics of that meal because it was AMAZING!)  But other then that, we just kind of scrapped together whatever we had in the house.  I ate quit a few tofurkey sandwiches and my husband and daughter had other odds and ends.  We were just too busy to spend hours in the kitchen!

Ellie is at her dad's this week, so I am determined to craft up something tasty to feed the husband.  He joked yesterday that since I have declared myself a vegan I have spent more time in our tiny, inefficient kitchen then he has in the past 8 years he has lived in the house.  I think that's pretty accurate!  But honestly, I have never had so much fun cooking! I always "liked" cooking before, but I was so afraid of cooking with meat because I was scared I wouldn't cook it long enough and I would get someone sick.  But now that I cook without meat, heck, nothing is holding me back!!!! Cooking is definitely my favorite pastime! :-) So I promise, something new and fun coming up.  I already know what I am going to introduce you too tomorrow....and trust me, you will be hooked!







No comments:

Post a Comment