Thursday, September 22, 2011

WE go grocery shopping.....

Grocery Shopping.  I know I am lame, but this is my FAVORITE thing to do.  Its a whole process for me.  Almost like an event or holiday that I get to participate in weekly.  That is how excited I get! I actually look forward to it.  Planning our meals for the week...checking the kitchen for what we have in stock...making my list....wondering through the store looking at new things...refilling my empty cupboards...cleaning out the fridge.  I LOVE the whole process.  Kiley on the other hand, does not.  Therefore I typically grocery shop alone, or with the help of my mini me.  But even Ellie gets board and annoyed with the amount of time I tend to linger in each isle!



On this particular day, Kiley and I decided to grocery shop together.  Usually when we shop together, Kiley totally cramps my style.  He is such an impulse shopper.  Grabbing mini powdered donuts, Trix Cereal, fun bendy straws...really anything that catches his eye.  I am a strategic shopper.  I stick to my list, think things through.  I look at ALL nutrition labels.  Kiley looks at ZERO nutrition labels.  Do you see the ridiculous mess of a picture I am trying to paint here??

Mixed Berry Green Monster





So when Kiley said he wanted to go to the store with me, needless to say I mentally rolled my eyes. I KNEW what was in store.  But...I was wrong!  Kiley was a huge help.  We recently watched the documentary "Forks Over Knives" together, and it completely (probably temporarily)  changed his perception on eating.  He was actually reading nutrition labels, picking out produce, giving healthy meal suggestions.  It was SO much fun!  And it was Kiley's idea for me to create this....





                                                                                                                             



For the last 10 weeks, my daily Green Monster has consisted of the following...
     6 oz. soy or almond milk
     2 handfuls spinach
     1 tbsp Agave Nector
     2 tbsp Flax Seed
     1 Frozen Banana
     5 Whole Strawberries
     1 handful of ice


Don't get me wrong I LOVE that combination.  But Kiley suggested I try something new.  (what??? who is this guy???) So I substituted Kale instead of Spinach (my idea) and Kiley suggested fozen mixed berries instead of strawberries.  The next morning I blended it all up and LOVED it!  A Green Monster update was just what I needed! My husband knows me too well! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment